In 1816 the Pontifical Government decreed the independence of Porto from Fermo. In 1859, with the Rattazziviene law, the Province had obtained from the Papal States, that it was denied from Fermo; on the other hand, Torre di Palme, a fraction of Porto San Giorgio, is ceded to it. In the following years the Station (1863), the Mutual Aid Society, the theater and a series of restorations and renovations that give Porto San Giorgio the current appearance are built.
Villa Bonaparte, built on the orders of Napoleon's brother, Girolamo Bonaparte, in Porto San Giorgio from 1829 to 1832, built in neoclassical style following the project by Ireneo Aleandri, dedicated to "Caterina" by Bonaparte. Due to political differences with the King of Naples, in 1831 it was confiscated and sold a few years later to the noble Pelagallo family after being used as an Apostolic Chamber. The villa has decorations on the façade with bas-reliefs and high reliefs of arms trophies. It is surrounded by a large park. The only royal palace of the Marche Region, this sumptuous Villa is still a noteworthy example of 19th-century art and architecture and contains a piece of history of our country, a history in which our territory and its inhabitants played an active and decisive role.